Education. This is:
a five-year qualitative research effort that seeks to identify and describe emerging technologies likely to have a large impact on teaching, learning, or creative expression within learning-focused organizations
The 2008 report focuses on the following topics and whether you are an educator or parent you should read the pdf we just linked to:
1. Grassroots Video; today anyone can capture, edit, and share short video clips, using inexpensive equipment and free or nearly free software.
2. Collective Intelligence; emerging collective intelligence (explicit and implicit).
3. Social Operating Systems; using experimentation we'll continue the organization of the social networks around people, rather than around content.
4. Collaboration Webs; ownership of collaborative work and certification of authorship will have to solved.
5. Mobile Broadband; cell mobile distribution of content will grow.
6. Data Mashups; co-creation, mashups, remixes, and instant self-publication are being juxtaposed as regular data (Web 2.0)