I wanted to write about what's happening on applications, and what I ended is thinking of best ways to help students getting to college or universities. Sometimes inexperienced young people commits to study but they don't realize of all their chances to change life while concluding professional careers.
Change the way your take your notes in class.
It's not the best way to handle documents but for students works perfectly. Google Docs is a good tool not to take notes only, but to share them and enrich them when you have to work on projects. Remember too, Google Docs allows you to embed Power Point files.
Of course, Google Docs isn’t perfect. When using it with 4 or more collaborators, Paul Stamatiou [Google Docs: Changing the Way I Work] have found that merge conflicts occur quite often and it becomes rather annoying. Other than those issues, Docs falls short of being a complete word processing solution for students. Many of them still end up fine-tuning their documents in Microsoft Word before printing and turning them in.
Brand yourself writing on a blog.
"I haven’t yet taken much consideration’s for “branding” of my blog, but I think in someway our sites take on branding naturally ... so I guess in a way without trying, we do end up branding ourselves" says Stephanie from jusanotherblogger.com
And she's right. It doesn't matter if you are a technical or social student, having a blog helps you lots. One of the first steps in creating a brand for yourself is to make your blog visible. Post meaningful entries, comment on your niche’s top blogs, or simply gain a regular readership. Visibility creates opportunities, it's believed that when you brand yourself, the competition becomes irrelevant. So, the goal of personal branding is to be recruited based on your brand, not applying for jobs.
Pick courses that will help you make bucks.
If you're in college, about to start the university, or looking to take some classes, the list below for college courses will help make you rich. It's well known that school doesn't prepare you for life, even when educators, administrators or government shout it out loud. Schools (though) help to identify which classes are the most relevant and helpful for those of you looking to become rich entrepreneurs.
Robert, head of flimjo.com lists eight courses that, if used correctly, will put you on your path to amaze money (no particular order):
1. Accounting - People does not comprehend the difference between an asset and a liability.
2. Marketing - Products fail because you need to find the market first, and then develop a product.
3. Economics - Identify which direction your business is going in, then take advantage of specific trends,
4. Finance - Learn time value of money and why you lose money while waiting for your refund check!
5. American History Course - Turn around terrible decision-making learning from history.
6. Writing and Composition - Open doors, figure it out how many blogs are paying money to good writers.
7. Literature Courses - Books provide timeless principles of personal development and wealth creation.
8. Management - Understanding of management concepts and learning different techniques and skills will not only make you likable, they will help you make more money!