However, Angela Myers, one of the winners, wrote a post prior to the event, she's put it in this way: "The fabulous team at EdTechTalk will be providing a web-based audio stream of the event. The landing page for web based listening and text based chat will be http://edtechtalk.com/live. There's also a Facebook page for those of you over there, and there will be live updating over @ Twitter."
Miss W. in a comment left at the page created to present all winners, she asked: "Any chance in future for a student award as they don’t have the PLN that adult bloggers have? Even under primary/elementary, middle, high and senior high school. Remember these are the bloggers of the future we should be helping to grow."
Many of them are already part of our daily subscriptions and reading. But from Education and Technology, we want to congratulate all these innovative educators and champions. Visit, leave them a comment and hit their subscription button.
The 16 winners of the 2008 Eddies are:
1. Best individual blog: The English Blog.
2. Best group blog: SCC English.
3. Best new blog: Angela Maiers.
4. Best resource sharing blog: Free Technology for Teachers
5. Most influential blog post: Order for Closure.
6. Best teacher blog: The Cool Cat Teacher.
7. Best librarian / library blog: Hey Jude.
8. Best educational tech support blog: Teachers love Smartboards.
9. Best elearning / corporate education blog: eLearning Technology.
10. Best educational use of audio: Ed Tech Talk
11. Best educational use of video / visual: Steve Spangler Blog.
12. Best educational wiki: Flat Classroom Project 2008.
13. Best educational use of a social networking service: Classroom 2.0
14. Best educational use of a virtual world: Discovery Education Second Life.
15. Best class blog: Extreme Biology.
16. Lifetime achievement: David Warlick.
Given the criticism these Awards have received, we ask you to read two very interesting posts on this thread: one from Stephen Downes and the other from Doug Belshaw.
If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE, please subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, Contact Me at anytime.